5 Ways Artisan Markets Help to Grow Your Business
Ever contemplated taking a leap of faith to kickstart that business you’ve been envisioning? Perhaps you’re already navigating the online business realm as a small entrepreneur and are eyeing the next big move to expand your customer base.
Let me share why delving into the realm of local artisan markets could be the game-changer your business needs. It’s not just about tapping into an additional revenue stream; it’s about immersing your brand in local communities, unlocking brand awareness, and paving the way for opportunities you’ve only dared to dream about.
So what's the deal...
Having witnessed firsthand at Folk & Bespoke, I can attest to the transformative power of participating in local markets. So, here’s my curated list of five ways these artisan markets can propel your business to new heights and foster its growth.
1. BOOSTING YOUR BUSINESS VISIBILITY – It might be surprising, but not everyone relies on online shopping and social media. Reaching your target audience online can sometimes be a challenge. However, participating in a market opens up opportunities to connect with a diverse range of customers and individuals, amplifying the visibility of your business and brand. I’m delighted to note that many traders from Folk & Bespoke Markets often find themselves featured in newspaper articles, showcasing the success of their ventures and how being part of our markets has propelled them to new ventures.
2. UNLOCKING OPPORTUNITIES – Engaging in direct sales at a market provides an incredible opportunity to genuinely connect with your customers. Unlike the impersonal nature of online presence, selling in person allows customers to familiarise themselves with the faces and stories behind your business—revealing the passion and hard work invested in your products. These face-to-face interactions can evolve into valuable networking and connections, potentially leading to fantastic opportunities that might have eluded you otherwise. I’ve witnessed numerous traders securing pop-ups and getting their products stocked by other outlets, through such connections.
3. FOSTERING LOCAL SUPPORT – One of the aspects I appreciate about market selling is the support it extends to communities and local businesses. Local residents often express a preference for shopping within their own communities, presenting an opportunity for your business to cultivate a loyal customer base. Many makers and artisans at our markets have customers who specifically come to support their stalls. While it’s tempting to aim for a broad customer base, a smaller, more dedicated following within the local community can work wonders in fostering consistent growth. These customers are likely to spread the word about your exceptional products or services through the powerful channel of word-of-mouth—an incredibly effective form of marketing.
4. COMMUNITY SUPPORT AND GUIDANCE – Immersing yourself in the community of fellow traders at local markets offers an invaluable opportunity to gain insights into different business operations. This camaraderie can spark ideas and inspiration to elevate your own venture. Moreover, our diverse group of traders possesses a wealth of business and market experience, always willing to share their knowledge, tips, and tricks. A minor adjustment to your stall display, suggested by a seasoned trader, could potentially have a significant impact on customer impression and engagement.
5. ELEVATING BUSINESS CREDIBILITY – Participating in markets transforms your small business from a mere ‘side hustle’ into an officially recognised and proud enterprise. It signifies a shift from experimenting with a hobby to establishing a credible business entity. This transformation not only aids in building a customer base by fostering trust in your brand and offerings but also serves as motivation to explore the full potential of your business. I’ve witnessed businesses evolve into thriving entities at our markets, and we’re always enthusiastic about supporting new aspiring traders.
I consider myself fortunate to witness numerous success stories at my markets and eagerly welcome any new trader looking to join our community. For more information on how to participate in our markets, you can explore us at www.folkandbespoke.com
Have a lovely day!
Love, Katy x